Isko Moreno on ‘death threats’: Pinagpapasa-Diyos ko na lang
MANILA, Philippines — Known for his strict directives for the citizens of Manila, Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso said on Tuesday that he is now putting his life in God’s hands when it comes to “occupational hazards.”
Moreno, however, could “neither confirm or deny” if he had already received any threats to his life since he assumed his post last June 30.
“I neither confirm or deny but isa lang masasabi ko, talagang ganyan kapag ika’y naglilinis, may tinatamaan na marumi. Subukan mong mang-apak ng paa, kung walang masasaktan,” Moreno told the press.
“Pinagpapasa-Diyos ko nalang yan. Meron naman ako eh… May Jesus. Dala-dalawa pa nga anting-anting ko e. Kailangan ko talaga ng mga anting-anting,” he added.
While he did not fully admit the existence of death threats, Moreno said that these threats would not affect the implementation of his policies in Manila.
Among the orders of Moreno as city mayor was the clearing of roads obstructed by vendors in Divisoria, Recto, and Quiapo.
He earlier revealed that he got an offer of P5 million per day just to stop his order against illegal vendors. (Editor: Julie Espinosa)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.