MPD announces Manila road closures for Isko Moreno’s oath-taking on June 30
MANILA, Philippines — Some roads in Manila will be closed on June 30 to make way for the oath-taking of newly elected Manila City Mayor Francisco Domagoso (Isko Moreno), the Manila Police District (MPD) said Friday.
In an advisory, MPD’s traffic enforcement unit said the following roads will be closed starting 7:30 a.m.:
- Westbound lane of P. Burgos from Finance Road to Taft Avenue
- Northbound lane of Taft Avenue from Ayala Boulevard to N.A Lopez
MPD advised motorists to follow its traffic rerouting scheme to avoid heavy traffic:
- Vehicles coming from Roxas Blvd. and Bonifacio Drive using eastbound lane of P. Burgos must go straight to Finance Rd. cross Taft Ave. going to Ayala Blvd. to point of destination.
- Vehicles using northbound lane of Ma. Orosa going to P. Burgos must turn right to Finance Rd. to point of destination.
- Vehicles using northbound lane of Taft Ave. going to Quiapo area must turn right to Ayala Blvd. to point of destination.
- Vehicles using westbound lane of Finance Road going to Quiapo area must turn left to P. Burgos, right to Bonifacio Drive, right to A. Soriano, right to Magallanes Drive to point of destination. (Editor: Eden Estopace)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.