Close  

‘Leche puto’ downs 5 in Isabela resort

CAUAYAN CITY—Five people were taken ill and rushed to hospital after eating a type of dessert, called leche puto, that they bought in a resort in the town of Luna, Isabela province on Sunday (June 9).

Hannah, John Lucio and Luis, all surnamed Corpuz, and Aletha Agonoy ate the leche puto and suffered from severe stomach pain, headache and diarrhea soon after, according to a relative of one of the victims.

ADVERTISEMENT

The town health office took samples of the food for tests.

FEATURED STORIES

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: dessert, La Union, poison
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.