Close  

Duterte’s anti-Red strategy now in Central Luzon

/ 04:58 PM May 23, 2019

CITY OF SAN FERNANDO — President Duterte has brought to Central Luzon his “whole-of-nation” approach in ending the insurgency.

Executive Order No. 70 established the new approach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Led by presidential peace adviser Carlito Galvez, the body called Cabinet Officer for Regional Development and Security (Cords) met in this Pampanga capital on Wednesday.

In a statement by the Office of Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process, Galvez said Duterte tasked 16 Cabinet members to oversee Cords, which was created on May 6.

FEATURED STORIES

Galvez said the cabinet officials would “assist the President in the speedy, efficient and orderly resolution of problems in government operations.”

The first meeting gathered top officials of the military, police, and line agencies to synchronize their efforts to “eradicate the threat of insurgent group.”

Galvez explained that the whole-of-nation approach came after President terminated the peace talks with the Communist Party of the Philippines, its front, and military arm, the New People’s Army.

So far, the towns of Doña Remedios Trinidad in Bulacan and Carranglan in Nueva Ecija have pioneered in declaring the communist rebels persona non grata (unwelcome persons) last March. (EditorLeti Boniol)

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Central Luzon, duterte, Insurgency, red-tagging, whole-of-nation
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.