Close  

Creator of ‘Totoong Narcolist’ site not off the hook over ‘Bikoy’

/ 01:10 PM May 06, 2019
Jayme ready to be state witness, vows to expose 'Ang Totoong Narcolist' culprits

Screenshot of a video circulated online.

MANILA, Philippines — Investigators are still looking into the possibility that the creator of the website that shared the “Ang Totoong Narcolist” videos is behind “Bikoy,” an official of the Department of Justice (DOJ) said Monday.

“There was a theory that maybe Mr. (Rodel) Jayme is Bikoy. Maybe he’s not. And that is still subject to further investigation,” DOJ spokesperson Markk Perete said in an interview with CNN Philippines.

ADVERTISEMENT

Asked if Jayme was still not off the hook regarding the cloaked character called “Bikoy,” Perete answered: Yes.

“If the investigation would indicate that he is, then the question is: Can he be discharged as a state witness? That’s a matter for the courts,” he added.

FEATURED STORIES

Earlier, Jayme expressed willingness to testify against those behind the “Ang Totoong Narcolist” videos.

“Handa akong maging state witness. Malinis ang intensyon ko. Nakikipagtulungan ako,” Jayme said at a press conference late last week.

READ: Jayme ready to be state witness, vows to expose ‘Ang Totoong Narcolist’ culprit

However, Perete said that it would be up to the court if Jayme would be qualified to be a state witness.

“In this case, if investigation would seem to indicate that he is the least guilty in this offense, then he could turn state witness and usually it’s the court which determines whether he is qualified to be state witness or not,” he said.

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) earlier filed an inciting to sedition complaint against Jayme, administrator and registrant of metrobalita.net.

The website metrobalita.net was included in a matrix which Malacañang said was part of a plot to oust President Rodrigo Duterte. The site has since been shut down.

ADVERTISEMENT

READ: Panelo says he didn’t back track; ouster matrix from Duterte

The NBI applied for a search warrant against Jayme before a Makati Court after tracing his links to the said website.

The warrant was implemented on April 30.

“Ang Totoong Narcolist” is a series of videos detailing the alleged involvement of President Rodrigo Duterte’s family members and long-time aide Bong Go to the illegal drug trade.

The videos were posted in parts on different social media sites such as Pinoy Ako Blog, Change Scamming, Metro Balita, Madam Claudia, and What the FACT blog. /cbb

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Ang Totoong Narcolist, Bikoy, Markk Perete, metrobalita.net, news, Rodel Jayme
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.