Bam Aquino respects El Shaddai support for admin bets
MANILA, Philippines — Sen. Bam Aquino, senatorial candidate of the opposition group Otso Diretso, said on Saturday that he respected charismatic group El Shaddai to endorse 10 administration-backed candidates.
“We’d hoped that there we would have been more of our members endorsed, but I respect the decision of the group. I’m sure they went through a process,” Aquino, the lone opposition senatorial bet endorsed by El Shaddai, told INQUIRER.net in Parañaque City.
El Shaddai endorsed the following candidates who were endorsed either by presidential daughter Sara Duterte-Carpio‘s regional party Hugpong ng Pagbabago or by Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban), the party of President Rodrigo Duterte:
- reelectionist Sen. Cynthia Villar
- reelectionist Sen. Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III
- reelectionist Sen. Sonny Angara
- reelectionist Sen. JV Ejercito
- Ilocos Norte Gov. Imee Marcos
- former Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr.
- former Sen. Jinggoy Estrada
- Christopher “Bong” Go, former special assistant to the President
- Francis Tolentino, former presidential political adviser
- Bato dela Rosa, former chief of the Bureau of Corrections
Meanwhile, asked if he was bothered on being endorsed alongside Aquino family rival Marcos, the senator said: “This is the decision of El Shaddai. We respect their decision. We are happy to be included.”
“Many other religious groups are helping us and El Shaddai is a big help,” he said, speaking in Filipino.
— Inquirer (@inquirerdotnet) May 4, 2019
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.