MPD implements traffic scheme for Labor Day 2019
MANILA, Philippines — The Manila Police District (MPD) has advised commuters to expect heavy traffic in three key areas in Manila which are expected to be the center of protest in celebration of Labor Day.
In an advisory on Tuesday, MPD’s traffic enforcement unit said traffic congestion will be expected within the vicinity of Morayta, Mendiola, Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Plaza Miranda, Liwasang Bonifacio and US Embassy.
Motorists are advised to take the following alternate routes:
– Vehicles coming from Legarda shall turn right to Bustillos to point of destination.
– Vehicles coming from P. Casal shall turn left to C. Aguila to point of destination.
– Vehicles utilizing the eastbound lane of CM Recto shall turn left or right to Rizal Ave to point of destination.
– Vehicles coming from the westbound lane of Kalaw intending to utilize the southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard shall turn left to M H Del Pilar to point of destination.
– Vehicles intending to utilize the southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard shall turn left to P Burgos to point of destination.
MPD said the actual closing and opening of affected roads will be implemented on actual traffic conditions. /je
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.