Philippine Children’s Medical Center celebrates 39th anniversary
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine Children’s Medical Center (PCMC) on Sunday said it would hold a week-long celebration of its 39th anniversary starting April 22.
The week-long celebration — themed “Hawak Kamay Tungo sa Tagumpay: Sa Kalusugan at Kagalingan, Angat ang Batang Pinoy!” — will include inspirational talks, art exhibits, games, and other programs.
The celebration seeks to build camaraderie and unity among the hospital’s employees.
The programs for the whole week are as follows:
- April 22: Mass and launching of the photo/art exhibit (morning); Bata Congress (afternoon)
- April 23: Values Formation Seminar with an inspirational talk by former Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Cielito F. Habit, a professor at the Ateneo de Manila (morning); Search for Miss PCMC 2019 (afternoon)
- April 24: Children’s Hour Program with games and balloon twisting activities (morning); Palarong Pinoy for PCMC employees (afternoon)
- April 25: Parenting Seminar and launching of Parenting Program of the Adolescent Medicine Division
- April 26: Employees Program. including the Laro at Sayaw Dance Contest
The hospital, initially named Lungsod ng Kabataan, was inaugurated on April 29, 1980, following its creation by Presidential Decree No. 1631 issued on Aug. 10, 1979, by then President Ferdinand Marcos.
Malacañang renamed the hospital as the Philippine Children’s Medical Center on Jan. 12, 1987.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.