SCTEx, MCeX toll rates to go up by 2nd quarter of 2019
MANILA, Philippines — After NLEX (North Luzon Expressway) Corporation implemented a hike in its toll rate, two other expressways are expected to increase its rates by the second quarter of the year.
This after the Toll Regulatory Board (TRB) approved the petitions of the Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) and Ayala Corp. to have an adjustment on its toll rates.
BCDA handles the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEx) while Ayala Corp. handles the Muntinlupa-Cavite Expressway (MCeX).
TRB spokesperson Alberto Suansing said on Tuesday that both BCDA and Ayala Corp. only received the resolutions for the approved toll hikes last week.
“The TRB resolutions approving MCeX and SCTEx petitions were received by them last week,” Suansing said in a text message.
“However, they need to publish it in a newspaper of general circulation for three consecutive weeks after that, the TRB will issue a Notice to Start collection,” he added.
Under the approved resolutions, the following are the new rates of SCTEx and MCeX which is expected to be implemented within the second quarter:
- Class 1: from P2.675251/km (VAT exclusive) and P2.996281/km (VAT inclusive) to P3.189230/km (VAT exclusive) and P3.571937/km (VAT inclusive)
- Class 2: from P5.350502/km (VAT exclusive and P5.992562?km (VAT inclusive) to P6.378460/km (VAT exclusive) and P7.1433875/km (VAT inclusive)
- Class 3: from P8.025753/km (VAT exclusive) and P8.988843/km (VAT inclusive) to P9.567690/km (VAT exclusive) to P10.715812/km (VAT inclusive)
- Class 1: From P17.00 (VAT inclusive) to P17.00 (rounded off from authorized P17.34)
- Class 2: From P34.00 (VAT inclusive) to P35.00 (rounded off from authorized P34.67)
- Class 3: From P51.00 (VAT inclusive) to P52.00 (rounded off from authorized P52.01)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.