Close  

PNP ready to re-arrest Cebu teen slay suspect

/ 09:07 AM March 27, 2019
PNP to ex-cop Acierto: File complaint on alleged death threats

Philippine National Police spokesperson Colonel Bernard Banac. INQUIRER.net file photo / Cathrine Gonzales

MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine National Police (PNP) is ready to arrest again the primary suspect in the murder of 16-year-old Christine Lee Silawan upon the order of President Rodrigo Duterte.

The primary suspect, a 17-year-old boy, was previously released from the custody of the social development office of Lapu-Lapu City in Cebu province after his lawyer contested that the suspect’s warrantless arrest was invalid.

ADVERTISEMENT

“The PNP is on standby and ready to effect the arrest as soon as the Court grants the motion filed by the NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) or if the Court issues a Warrant of Arrest,” PNP spokesperson Col. Bernard Banac told INQUIRER.net in a text message.

The body of Silawan was found on a vacant lot on March 11. Her face was skinned, exposing her skull. Police said some of her internal organs were also removed from her body.

FEATURED STORIES

Two other suspects, whom the 17-year-boy tagged as his accomplices, are still being hunted by authorities. /cbb

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Bernard Banac, Christine Lee Silawan, Crime, Murder, PNP‎
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.



© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.