Close  

No government post offered to Roque, so far

/ 01:35 PM March 18, 2019

MANILA, Philippines—More than a month since his withdrawal from the Senate race, former presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said Monday that no Cabinet or government position has been offered to him so far by President Rodrigo Duterte.

“Wala pa. I’m still enjoying myself being a strawberry farmer,” Roque told INQUIRER.net in a chance interview after his attendance at the kick-off ceremony of the 7th Biennial Conference of the Asian Society of International Law .

ADVERTISEMENT

Just days before the start of the campaign season in February, Roque withdrew his Senate bid after undergoing cardiovascular rehabilitation

READ: Where to, Harry?

FEATURED STORIES

Roque, a former human rights lawyer and Kabayan party-list representative, has defended Duterte’s controversial remarks for almost a year before deciding to seek a Senate seat.

After announcing his withdrawal from the May midterm elections, Roque said he is open to returning to the Duterte Cabinet.

“It depends on what it is, of course,” Roque said when asked if he would accept a government post from the President.

“But that’s being presumptuous,” he added. / gsg

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Cabinet, Harry Roque, Local news, Nation, national news, news, Philippine news update, Rodrigo Duterte
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.