Close  

Central Visayas police deny reports Lapu-Lapu teen’s slay suspect nabbed

/ 11:06 AM March 15, 2019

CEBU CITY — The Police Regional Office in Central Visayas (PRO-7) has denied reports they have in their custody one of the suspects in the gruesome killing of 16-year-old Christine Silawan.

“No suspect yet in custody from any unit under the Police Regional Office in Central Visayas,” said  PRO-7 spokesperson, Supt. Maria Aurora Rayos.

ADVERTISEMENT

She denied news reports that the main suspect in the Silawan killing in Lapu-Lapu City had been arrested.

In a telephone interview, she added the Special Investigation Task Group had not released any photo of the suspect.

FEATURED STORIES

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Central Visayas, Christine Silawan, Local news, ‎Police
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
newsinfo

SLEx operator faces penalties

October 14, 2019 04:58 AM

newsinfo

Activate Pasig ferry system, says Angara

October 14, 2019 04:57 AM

newsinfo

Medical costs erode nurses’ small pay

October 14, 2019 04:56 AM

newsinfo

More than seniors, young ones fear death–study

October 14, 2019 04:55 AM

newsinfo

2nd bamboo organ in PH being built in Pampanga town

October 14, 2019 04:54 AM



© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.