Close  

Bed-ridden septuagenarian scorched to death in Isabela fire

/ 07:05 PM February 18, 2019

ECHAGUE, ISABELA – A 71-year-old woman was charred to death while her husband suffered second-degree burns after fire gutted their house at Dammang East village here on Sunday, police said.

Virginia Matterig was bed-ridden and failed to get out of her room when the blaze razed the wood-based second floor of their house. Her husband Villamor, 71, suffered second-degree burns on his face.

ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Fire Officer 1 Reinier Cante, investigator at the Bureau of Fire Protection-Echague, said the wall fan of the Matterig couple could have overheated and caused the fire. /kga

FEATURED STORIES

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Fire, Isabela, Local news, news, Philippine news updates, regional news, Regions
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.