Google Stations opening in 50 locations in the Philippines
MANILA, Philippines – Google is opening Google Stations which will offer free and high quality Wi-Fi hotspots in more than 50 locations in the Philippines.
“Google Stations allow Filipinos from Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao to connect with high quality internet. Google Stations will be developed in more than fifty locations by the end of this month,” Mahesh Bhalerao, Global Director of Google’s Next Billion Users Partnerships said in the Google for Philippines Forum in Parañaque City.
Google Station also inked a partnership with Smart to provide Wi-Fi hotspots in public areas such as airports, markets, malls and bus stations.
Here are some of the locations that will have free Wi-Fi via Google Station by the end of the month:
- Light Rail Transit-2 (LRT-2)
- Metro Rail Transit-3 (MRT-3)
- Araneta Bus Port
- Cebu South Bus Terminal
- Clark International Airport
- Davao International Airport
- Batangas Port
- Ateneo De Naga University
- Bohol Island State University
- Bukidnon State University
- Colegio de San Juan de Letran Calamba
- Columban College Inc.
- Holy Cross of Davao College
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Southern Luzon State University
- University of Cebu-Main Campus
- City Hall of Baguio
- City Hall of Mandaluyong
- Ali Mall
- Gateway Mall
Google Station was already established in five other countries namely India, Mexico, Thailand and Nigeria. / gsg
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.