5 Philippine envoys get CA panel’s nod
MANILA, Philippines — A panel of the Commission on Appointments (CA) has endorsed the nomination of five officials of the Department of Foreign Affairs.
The five recommended for confirmation by the CA’s committee on foreign affairs on Wednesday, are the following:
- Noel Eugene Eusebio Mejico Servigon as ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary and permanent representative of the Republic of Philippines to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Ms. Ma. Teresita Cruz Daza as ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary to the Republic of Chile with concurrent jurisdiction over the Republic of Ecuador and the Republic of Peru
- Christopher Baltazar Montero as ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary to Brunei Darussalam
- Ramon Bagatsing Jr. as ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary to the Republic of India with concurrent jurisdiction over the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal
- Mr. Noe Albano Wong as ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary to the Republic of Korea.
The panel’s recommendation will be transmitted to the CA plenary for either adoption or rejection. /cbb
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.