Classes suspended Monday due to ‘Amang’
MANILA, Philippines — Classes on Monday were suspended in several areas in the Visayas and Mindanao as Tropical Depression “Amang” made landfall over Siargao Island Sunday night.
Four provinces in the Bicol Region suspended classes in all levels, in both private and public schools, for Monday. These are
- Camarines Sur
Naga City, a component city independent in Camarines Sur, also declared a suspension of classes for Monday but only in the kindergarten and elementary levels.
In Bohol in the Visayas, the following towns suspended classes:
- Garcia Hernandez – preschool to high school
- Jagna – preschool to high school
- Candijay – preschool to elementary
- Duero – daycare to preschool
- Guindulman – all levels
Tacloban City Mayor Christina Romualdez declared a suspension of classes in the city in all levels in private and public schools on Monday.
In Mindanao, the following areas suspended classes in Agusan del Sur, Agusan del Norte, Surigao del Sur:
Pre-school to Elementary
- San Jose, Dinagat Islands
- Surigao del Norte municipalities
- Agusan del Norte municipalities (except RTR & Las Nieves)
Pre-school to High School
- Surigao City
- Butuan City
- San Francisco, Agusan del Sur
- Las Nieves, Agusan del Norte
- Tandag City, Surigao del Sur
- San Miguesl, Surigao del Sur
- Talacogon, Agusan del Sur
- Sibagat, Agusan del Sur
- Experanza, Agusan del Sur
- Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur
- RTR, Agusan del Norte
- Lanuza, Surigao del Sur
- Cagwait, Surigao del Sur
- Carrascal, Surigao del Sur
- Bayabas, Surigao del Sur
Please keep on visiting the page for updates. Erwin Mascariñas, Inquirer Mindanao
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.