Close  
AMBUSHED

Palace: Probe slay of Cebu prosecutor

/ 05:31 AM January 21, 2019

Malacañang has ordered the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Philippine National Police to thoroughly investigate the murder of a former Cebu City prosecutor who was ambushed last week.

“We are outraged by the brutal and brazen ambush of former Cebu City Assistant Prosecutor Mary Ann Castro,” presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo said on Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT

He said the DOJ, through the National Bureau of Investigation, “has been directed to immediately look into this dastardly crime, identify the perpetrators and bring them to the bar of justice.”

Castro was shot five times by a motorcycle-riding gunman.

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Cebu City prosecutor, DoJ, Malacañan Palace, Mary Ann Castro, PNP‎
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.