Task force formed to probe bowling champ’s slay
The San Juan City Police Station has formed a special investigation task group to probe the killing of a bowling champion last week.
Senior Supt. Dindo Reyes, San Juan police chief, said that investigators were gathering footage taken by closed-circuit television cameras to track down the man who shot Angelo Nathaniel Constantino at least three times in the head in Greenhills at 5 p.m. on Friday.
“It all happened within nine minutes,” Reyes said.
The police have yet to determine the identity of the gunman who wore a cap and a mask to hide his face.
Constantino, a gold medalist and a former member of the national bowling team, was killed at the second floor of E-Lanes Bowling Center where he worked as a coach and manager.
Reyes said the suspect entered the building through the basement parking area and took the stairs to the second floor where the bowling lanes and cafeteria were located.
There were no security guards at the entrance to the parking area, Reyes said, adding that they were stationed only at the main entrance.
Suspect leaves gun
After the shooting, the suspect reportedly left the building the same way he came in. However, he left his weapon, a .45-caliber pistol, at the basement entrance.
Reyes said the gun had been turned over to Scene of the Crime Operatives for examination. Its ownership would be verified on Monday with the Firearms and Explosives Office of the Philippine National Police.
Constantino’s brother told investigators that bowling was the victim’s only activity and he had no known enemies.
Reyes said the police had also reached out to his immediate family who requested privacy in the meantime.
Constantino won a gold medal during the 1992 World Youth Championship in Venezuela.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.