Close  

Trillanes charged with grave threats over ‘face off’ with Labor exec

/ 11:15 AM January 11, 2019

MANILA, Philippines—The Pasay City Prosecutor’s office has filed a case for grave threats against Senator Antonio Trillanes IV before Branch 47 of the Pasay Metropolitan Trial Court.

The case is in connection with the complaint filed by Labor Undersecretary Jing Paras last year, accusing Trillanes of threatening his life when their paths crossed in the sidelines of a Senate hearing in May 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT

The case, which was filed last December, alleged that Trillanes “threatened to kill” Paras when he said “Yayariin kita.”

FEATURED STORIES

According to Paras, Trillanes said: “Ang lakas ng loob mo. Hindi magtatagal ang amo mo. Matatapos din yan. Yayariin kita. Mercenaryo ka. Yayariin kita. Patawa tawa ka pa may araw ka din, yayariin kita.”

Trillanes is scheduled to be arraigned on February 15.

Paras, a former Negros Oriental Representative and a member of the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC), is one of the four lawyers who filed complaints of graft, inciting to sedition, and proposal to commit coup d’ etat against Trillanes in November 2017.  /muf

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Antonio Trillanes, DOLE, grave threats, Jacinto Paras, Local news, Nation, national news, news, pasay prosecutor, Philippine news update, Senate
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.