MPD to reroute traffic in Malate, Manila due to political event
The Manila Police District (MPD) announced on Sunday road closures and rerouting that will be implemented on Monday for a political event to be staged at the San Andres Sports Complex in Malate, Manila.
The event, which starts at 7 a.m., involved the Hugpong Ng Pagbabago (HNP) and Pwersa ng Masang Pilipino (PMP) Alliance Party.
In an advisory, the MPD Traffic Enforcement Unit told motorists to avoid the area, which it expected to have heavy traffic, and take alternate routes.
According to the MPD, Manila Mayor Joseph Estrada and Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio, presidential daughter, will attend the event.
The following are the affected by the closures starting at 5 a.m. of Monday, as well as its suggested rerouting areas for vehicles.
- Stretch of San Andres Street from Adriatico Street to L.M. Guerrero Street in Malate
- Stretch of Leveriza Street from Quirino Avenue to San Andres Street in Malate
- All vehicles coming from Roxas Boulevard and passing through San Andres Street will turn right to Adriatico Street to point of destination.
- All vehicles coming from Taft Avenue or Quirino Avenue and passing through San Andres Street will turn right to L.M. Guerrero Street to point of destination.
- All vehicles passing through Leveriza Street and bound for San Andres Street will turn left or right to Quirino Avenue to point of destination.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.