DepEd: 10 public high schools in Metro Manila to teach Korean language
The Department of Education (DepEd) has named 10 Metro Manila public high schools where Korean language will be taught starting this semester:
The 10 public high schools are:
- Jose Abad Santos High School
- Pasay City Naitonal Science High School
- Kalayaan National High School
- San Bartolome High School
- North Fairview High School
- Maligaya High School
- Judge Feliciano Belmonte Sr. High School
- Lagro High School
- Las Piñas National High School
- Makati High School
In June 2017, the DepEd signed an agreement with the Embassy of the Republic of Korea to launch a pilot program on Korean language lessons in 10 Metro Manila public high schools.
Students under the Special Program in Foreign Language will be expected to develop skills in listening, reading, writing, and speaking Korean language. /kga
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.