5 drug, crime suspects slain in Cavite
SAN PEDRO CITY – Five suspected drug and crime suspects were dead after engaging law enforcers in a gunfight in Cavite province.
In Kawit town, Rodelito Pelayo and Artjulie Sarinas were killed in a buy-bust operation around 2:30 a.m. Saturday in Barangay (village) Tabon 1, a report from the regional police said.
According to the police, the suspects suddenly opened fire prompting a police backup team to return fire. Pelayo and Sarinas were instantly killed.
A third suspect, identified only as an alias Joey Komang, however, escaped during the shootout.
About in hour earlier in Tanza town, Marjun Martinez was also killed in a buy-bust operation.
Martinez allegedly sold some P200 worth of “shabu” (crystal meth) to an undercover policeman in Barangay Paradahan 2.
Martinez was instantly killed after resisting arrest by firing at the police.
In General Mariano Alvarez town, drug suspect Roberto Glori, 43, was killed in a buy-bust around 11:30 p.m. Friday in Barangay San Jose.
According to the police, Glori ran back into his home to pick up a gun when he must have realized it was a sting operation.
The suspect was first to fire prompting the police to shoot back.
Police claimed that Glori turned his house into a drug den after taking the place of his brother, who was previously arrested for illegal drug charges, as shabu supplier in the town.
Meanwhile in Imus City, a still unidentified man was killed while his companion escaped in a shootout around 3 a.m. Friday in Barangay Buhay na Tubig.
Police, as of Saturday, have not yet identified the fatality but said that he was involved in an earlier incident of motorcycle theft in the city.