MMDA releases traffic rerouting scheme for ‘Undas’
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) released on Tuesday a traffic rerouting scheme for motorists who plan to visit cemeteries around Metro Manila as the country is set to observe the All Saints’ Day (Undas) break.
The cemeteries included in the scheme were Manila North Cemetery, Himlayang Pilipino, Eternal Garden Memorial Park, Novaliches Cemetery, Holy Cross Memorial Park and Parokya ng Pagkabuhay Cemetery.
Manila North Cemetery
- Trucks and buses coming from Balintawak area along A. Bonifacio Avenue and heading toward Manila shall turn left to Sgt. Rivera Street, right D. Tuazon Street, right Calamba Street going to Manila.
- Trucks and buses in going back to the point of origin shall enter Ma. Clara, left Banawe Street, left Sgt. Rivera Street then turn right to A. Bonifacio Avenue to its point of destination.
- Private vehicles and PUJs, including taxi cabs, coming from Balintawak area heading toward Manila shall enter Mayon Street, which is a one-way street from Del Monte Avenue to Sct. Alcaraz Street, turn right to Retiro Street, turn left to Dr. Alejos Street, turn right to Don Miguel Agregado Street across Blumentritt.
- In going back to its point of origin, it shall go straight Retiro Street, which is one-way street from Blumentritt Extension to Mariveles Street, turn left to CDC Street, turn left to Angelo Street, turn right to Sgt. Alcaraz, turn left to Speaker Perez, turn left to Del Monte Avenue, turn right to A. Bonifacio Avenue then to Balintawak.
- PUJ and private vehicles including taxicabs, coming from the general direction of San Francisco Del Monte, along Del Monte Avenue, shall turn left to Mayon Street and follow route mentioned in paragraph 3.
The MMDA noted that a partial closure at 4 a.m. on Thursday would be implemented at the outermost lane westbound of A. Bonifacio Avenue from Mayon-Del Monte and A. Bonifacio intersection up to Calavite Street for pedestrians.
Parking areas would also be made available to motorists along the streets of Ipo, Gen. Tinio, Abao, Labo and Bulusan. The MMDA said there would be no parking along the outermost lane northbound of A. Bonifacio Avenue from C-3 to Calavite Street.
- Entry point of all vehicles will be at Himlayan Road and will exit at the back using Philand Drive Subdivision. Another exit point to use is the St. Anthony School Road leading to NAPOCOR Village.
Parking areas will also be set near the office of Himlayan, Near Emilio Jacinto Shrine, and along Fensjuio Park. Parking is not allowed along the stretch of Tandang Sora Avenue and along Himlayan Road leading to the cemetery.
Eternal Garden Memorial Park
- All vehicles will be allowed to enter the cemetery using Leyland Drive and they will exit using Baesa Gate.
- One way entrance on all vehicles coming from Reparo Service Road to Bagong Barrio Gate and Service Road of NDR to NLEX as entrance.
Parking areas will be available at the left side of the entrance of the cemetery. The public, however, would not be allowed to park along the stretch of Quirino Highway and along Leland Drive and Maxima Street.
- Vehicles will not be allowed to enter the cemetery, vehicles coming Gen. Luis will turn right at Dona isaura and will use Samiento Street as exit to Quirino Highway.
- Vehicles going to Caloocan North, Green Fields 3 coming from Quirino Highway shall take Susano Road, on the way to BF/Bagumbong, Caloocan City.
Motorists will be allowed to park at Millionaires Subdivision. Vehicles will be prohibited to park on both sides along the stretch of Gen. Luis Street, from Susano Road to Dona Isaura Street.
Holy Cross Memorial Park
- Entry point of all vehicles will be at the back of Green Heights Subdivision and will exit at P. Dela Cruz Street all the way to Quirino Highway.
Parking areas will be available to motorists inside the Holy Cross Management but no parkings will not be allowed on both sides along the stretch of Quirino Highway and Green Heights and P. Dela Cruz Street.
Parokya ng Pagkabuhay Cemetery
- Vehicles will not be allowed to enter the cemetery, the road is too narrow.
Parking will be allowed on the left side of King Alexis Street coming from Kings Point street but will be prohibited along the stretch of Quirino Highway and Kings Point Street. /je
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.