Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Close  
  • share this

3rd bomb threat in Bulacan targets high school

/ 01:26 PM October 09, 2018

CITY OF MALOLOS — A third bomb threat, likely delivered by Bulacan pranksters, targeted the Marcelo H. Del Pilar National High School on Tuesday morning.

At 7:59 a.m., teacher Napoleon Perez received the text message about a supposed explosive that would be set off on Tuesday or Wednesday which was relayed through telephone number 09432137459.

ADVERTISEMENT

School principal Reynaldo Magalong Diaz reported the threat to the police about 8:30 a.m.

Senior Supt. Chito Bersaluna, Bulacan police director, dispatched an explosives team and found no trace of a bomb after searching the school in Barangay Sta. Isabel.

FEATURED STORIES

Bersaluna said forensic experts of the government’s various cybercrime units have been tracking down the pranksters who twice disrupted the midterm examinations of Bulacan State University last week.

Bersaluna said the police have coordinated with Bulacan schools about tackling with students the potential dangers of perpetrating “bomb” jokes and the laws prohibiting them. Carmela Reyes-Estrope

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Bomb threat, Bulacan, Chito Bersaluna, Marcelo H. Del Pilar National High School, Napoleon Perez, Reynaldo Magalong Diaz
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2018 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.