Close  

AFP still mum on Trillanes case

/ 01:11 PM September 27, 2018

The Armed Forces of the Philippines on Thursday reiterated that it would not issue comments on the case of Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV.  

ADVERTISEMENT

“We respect the rule of law and court decisions and processes. This includes the case of Senator Antonio Trillanes IV. The matter is already in the purview of the courts. And to the civil courts we defer,” AFP spokesperson Col. Edgard Arevalo said in a statement.

“We will not issue further statements related to the case,” he added.

On Wednesday, Trillanes dared the defense and military leadership to stand up against President Rodrigo Duterte’s revocation of his amnesty, mainly because of an application form that went supposedly missing from military records.

Despite the allegations that the AFP had been politicized, Arevalo said they will never allow themselves “to take direct or indirect participation in any political actions against the present duly constituted authorities.”

Those who will be caught involving themselves in political actions “will be dealt with severely and personnel who will get involved will be immediately relieved from their posts, investigated, and meted stiff penalties where warranted,” he added. /je

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: AFP, Amnesty, Arevalo, case, Coup, latest Philippine news, Military, news, Philippine news updates, rebellion, revocation, Trillanes
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.