TV crew feared missing is safe – network
A news reporter of TV5 and two crew members previously thought missing were reported safe and sound, the network announced on Twitter late morning Sunday.
“Ligtas and aming reporter na si Romel M. Lopez at kanyang crew,” News5 AKSYON tweeted.
(Our reporter and his crew are safe)
The team composed of Lopez, a cameraman and an assistant cameraman is currently traveling to Tuguegarao, according to the tweet.
“Kasulukuyan silang bumibiyahe papuntang Tuguegarao kasama ang grupo ni Bok Ed Lingao,” it said.
(They are currently traveling to Tuguegarao with the group of Bok Ed Lingao.)
Lopez and his team were sent to Cagayan to cover the impact of Typhoon “Ompong,” which made landfall in the province over the town of Baggao on Saturday morning.
They were feared missing after Secretary Francis Tolentino, presidential adviser for political affairs, said he was trying to locate them after the typhoon devastated the province. However, he said they could just be out of reach after communications were lost following the storm. /cbb
Inquirer calls for support for the victims of typhoon Ompong
Responding to appeals for help, the Philippine Daily Inquirer is extending its relief to victims of the recent typhoon Ompong.
Cash donations may be deposited in the Inquirer Foundation Corp. Banco De Oro (BDO) Current Account No: 007960018860 and Swift Code: BNORPHMM.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.