9 political parties – 3 national, 6 local – forge alliance with HNP
Updated @ 1:23 a.m., Aug. 14, 2018
DIGOS CITY — Nine political parties – three national and six local – have forged an alliance with the Hugpong Ng Pagbabago (HNP), a regional political party organized by Davao City Mayor Sarah Duterte for the Davao Region.
In a private message to the Inquirer, Marivic Hubac, the executive assistant to Davao Occidental Gov. Claude Bautista, who is the president of HNP, confirmed that the event took place in a hotel in Metro Manila on Monday (Aug. 13).
The following are the national parties that signed the alliance:
- Nacionalista Party, through Sen. Cynthia Villar
- Nationalist People’s Coalition, through former Batangas Rep. Mark Mendoza
- National Unity Party (NUP), through its its secretary general, Reginald Velasco
And following are the local parties that signed the alliance:
- Alyansa Bohol Alang sa Kausaban (Abaka), through Norris Oculam.
- Aggrupation of Party to Progress (APP), through Zamboanga del Norte Rep. Seth Frederick Jalosjos
- Kambilan, through Pampanga Gov. Lilia Pineda
- Kilusang Bagong Lipunan (KBL), through Ilocos Norte Gov. Imee Marcos
- Padayon Pilipino (PP), through lawyer Nadya Emano
- Serbisyo Para sa Bayan Party/United Quezon, through Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte
Mayor Duterte explained that the alliance of friendship signed between these parties was only intended to unite political leaders in throwing their support for the administration of her father, President Rodrigo Duterte.
The mayor also reiterated her stand that she would not run for senator in the 2019 midterm elections.
Last week, the HNP issued a statement renewing its stand to remain a regional political party exclusive for the Davao Region and not go national.
In an interview with local journalists in Davao Occidental last week, Governor Marcos also hinted that she would resurrect the KBL, the political party of her father, the late dictator former President Ferdinand Marcos.
Three HNP regional officials also signed the alliance of friendship – Davao del Norte Gov. Anthony del Rosario, Davao Oriental Gov. Nelson Dayanghirang, and Compostela Valley Gov. Tyron Uy. /atm
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.