JBC shortlists eight SC justice aspirants
The Judicial and Bar Council (JBC) has shortlisted eight candidates for the position of Supreme Court (SC) Associate Justice.
According to a court insider, the JBC named the following candidates in the shortlist for the position set to be vacated by Associate Justice Presbitero Velasco Jr.:
1. SC Administrator Jose Midas Marquez
2. Court of Appeals (CA) Justice Jose Reyes
3. CA Justice Rosmari Carandang
4. CA Justice Ramon Garcia
5. CA Justice Apolinario Bruselas
6. CA Justice Ramon Hernando
7. CA Justice Amy Javier
8. Former Ateneo de Manila College of Law Dean Cesar Villanueva
Velaso is set to retire on August 8 after he reaches the compulsory retirement age of 70.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.