Ex-Kadamay members accuse group of threats | Inquirer News

Ex-Kadamay members accuse group of threats

/ 07:19 AM June 17, 2018

Families who broke away from the militant group Kalipunan ng Damayang Mahihirap (Kadamay) said their former organization had been sending them death threats.

In a complaint filed at the Bulacan police on Saturday, members of Team JB who broke off from Kadamay said motorcycle riders had been harassing them for turning their backs on Kadamay, said Jeffrey Ariz, head of Team JB which separated from Kadamay in May.

ADVERTISEMENT

Team JB members were among 8,000 Kadamay members who forcibly occupied 6,000 idle units in six government housing projects last year.

Among the units they occupied were 1,980 homes put up by the National Housing Authority for members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, the Philippine National Police and the Bureau of Fire Protection.

FEATURED STORIES

Team JB members clashed with Kadamay over Kadamay’s demand to get the houses for free, according to Ariz.

“We are ready to pay,” said Team JB secretary Armavie Duterte. —Carmela Reyes-Estrope

News handpicked by our editors

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: government housing, Jeffrey Ariz, Kadamay, Team JB
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

News that matters

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2023 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.