Quantcast
Latest Stories
Home » Zamboanga siege You are browsing entries tagged with “Zamboanga siege”

ICRC: 40,000 refugees in Zamboanga

By
A GENERAL view of Barangay Mariki in Zamboanga City where houses were set on fire in last year’s urban gun battle between soldiers and Moro rebels. A year after that incident, thousands of people remain homeless and in need of government assistance.  JEOFFREY MAITEM/INQUIRER MINDANAO

A year after the bloody siege in Zamboanga City, the fighting may have stopped but the daily battles of its displaced residents continue.

Posted: September 15th, 2014 in Featured Gallery,Headlines,Photos & Videos,Regions | Read More »

Zamboanga fighting may have stopped but evacuees’ struggles continue—ICRC

By
Zamboanga Siege

Fighting may have stopped, but the struggle of the evacuees of the 2013 siege in Zamboanga continues.

Posted: September 10th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Regions | Read More »

Zamboanga rehab woes expose gov’t lack of foresight

By
Communications Secretary Herminio Coloma.  INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

The huge number of affected families, not “undue delays,” is the reason evacuees still languish in temporary shelters a year after the Zamboanga City siege, Malacañang said Tuesday.

Posted: September 9th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Regions | Read More »

Zamboanga refugees to be moved out of crowded camps by December –Soliman

By ,
DSWD Secretary Corazon “Dinky” Soliman.  FILE PHOTO

Social Welfare Secretary Corazon “Dinky” Soliman has said December 15 has been set as the deadline for the transfer of residents displaced by the battle of Zamboanga in September 2013 to halfway houses while they await completion of their permanent new homes.

Posted: September 6th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Sona wrong on Zamboanga housing finish

martha drive zamboanga

An engineer working on a government-funded permanent housing project for residents displaced by the terror attack on this city by followers of Nur Misuari and a government operation to flush them out said President Aquino erred in his State of the Nation Address (Sona) when he said beneficiaries would transfer to the new houses in August.

Posted: July 31st, 2014 in Headlines,Latest News Stories,Regions,Regions | Read More »

Advertisement
Advertisement
Marketplace
Advertisement