By Marlon Ramos
The body of a man who went missing when Typhoon “Labuyo” ravaged northern Luzon last week has been recovered on Saturday, bringing to 11 the fatalities in the strongest weather disturbance that hit the country this year.
The death toll in Central Luzon from the onslaught of Typhoon “Labuyo” this week is low compared to the devastation brought by heavy rains dumped by the southwest monsoon (“habagat”) last year, reports from the Regional Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (RDRRMC) showed.
By Frances Mangosing
The cost of damages from Typhoon ‘‘Labuyo’’ (international name Utor) which hit parts of Luzon last week has reached the P1 billion-mark, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said Friday.
Typhoon “Labuyo” spared vegetable farms in the Cordillera as it crossed the region early this week, making prices of upland vegetables stable at the trading post here, an official in this Benguet capital said.
Typhoon “Labuyo” left at least six people dead and five others missing, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said Wednesday.