Quantcast
pacquiao
Latest Stories
Home » retrieval You are browsing entries tagged with “retrieval”

Yolanda survivors skeptical about gov’t’s body count

By
FILE PHOTO

Survivors of the Super Typhoon “Yolanda” (Haiyan) remain unconvinced by the body count presented by the national government three months after the monster typhoon struck the country, leaving it with its worst calamity in decades.

Posted: February 11th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Regions | Read More »

PCG tells firms to remove vessels washed inland by Yolanda in Tacloban, Guiuan

By
Philippine Coast Guard . INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) will grant emergency permits to allow ship owners to remove their vessels that have been stranded inland in Tacloban City and Guiuan, Eastern Samar, for almost two months now.

Posted: January 5th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Regions | Read More »

Death toll in Cebu ferry collision reaches 116

By
Philippine Navy and Philippine Coast Guard divers retrieve a body from the waters off the coast of Talisay city, Cebu province, in central Philippines Saturday Aug. 17, 2013, a day after a passenger ferry MV Thomas of Aquinas collided with a cargo ship Sulpicio Express Siete. AP

Divers over the weekend recovered another body from the sunken wreck of the MV St. Thomas Aquinas, bringing to 116 the death toll in the Aug. 16 collision between the passenger ship and the cargo vessel Sulpicio Express Siete off Talisay City in Cebu.

Posted: September 17th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

647 confirmed dead, 780 still missing from typhoon Pablo

By
Residents affected by typhoon Pablo beg for aid from passing motorists along a highway at Montevista town, Compostela Valley, on Sunday, Dec. 9, 2012. The death toll from Pablo has climbed to 647 as rescue workers continued to search for 780 individuals who remained missing as of Monday, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said.  AP PHOTO/BULLIT MARQUEZ

The death toll from typhoon “Pablo” (international name” Bopha) that struck several provinces in the Visayas and Mindanao last week has climbed to 647 as rescue workers continued to search for 780 individuals who remained missing as of Monday, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said.

Posted: December 10th, 2012 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Negros Oriental mayor stops retrieval operations in landslide area

By

Mayor Ernesto Reyes has ordered a halt to the retrieval operations in a village here, where 18 persons were believed to have been buried by an earthquake-triggered landslide nearly two weeks ago.

Posted: February 17th, 2012 in Latest News Stories,Regions | Read More »

Advertisement
Advertisement
Marketplace
Advertisement