Home » relief operations
You are browsing entries tagged with “relief operations”
Rescuers and relief teams struggled to rush supplies into the rural hills of China’s Sichuan province Sunday after an earthquake left at least 179 people dead and more than 6,700 injured and caused frightened survivors spent a night in cars, tents and makeshift shelters.
When disaster strikes, help is almost always on the way. On the first run of Inquirer Care’s (INQ.Care) relief goods distribution to Compostela Valley, one of the hardest hit by Typhoon “Pablo” in Southern Mindanao, the team was shocked by the widespread destruction caused by the supertyphoon. Hearts were torn to pieces seeing houses and constructions on Barangay Valderrama—home to 1,000 families—flat on the ground, children lining up along the roadsides holding up sign boards asking for help and food.
By Germelina Lacorte
Still grappling with shock and horror over the devastation wrought by Typhoon “Pablo,” people here greet Christmas with deep feeling of grief, forgoing parties and ostentatious celebrations to sympathize with those who lost their loved ones.
By Edwin O. Fernandez
, Frinston Lim
, Nico Alconaba
Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. In fact, there are Santa Clauses. They arrived immediately after Typhoon “Pablo” hit Mindanao. Most of them are soldiers from the 10th Infantry Division, who, along with rescue workers, were among the first to come, braving floods, mud and fallen trees to save lives in the provinces of Compostela Valley and Davao Oriental.
Unlike last year’s typhoon Sendong, the response to the calamity in Mindanao after typhoon Pablo seems to be slower and tentative. Both occurred in December, weeks shy of Christmas. Relief drives were kicking up a storm of their own last year after Sendong, and donations accumulated quickly in drop-off centers with civic groups jumping forward [...]
Desperate families begged for food on Sunday—nearly a week after Typhoon “Pablo” struck and despite earlier assurances by Aquino administration officials in press releases that they had prepositioned emergency supplies in the potential disaster zone.
THE Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc. (RAFI) is accepting donations as part of its relief efforts for the victims of typhoon Pablo in the Visayas and Mindanao. Donations in kind can be dropped off at the RAFI Eduardo Aboitiz Development Studies Center at 35 Lopez Jaena Street, Cebu City and at the University of San Carlos [...]
The government has set aside some P42 million in standby fund and relief goods for provinces in the path of typhoon “Pablo” in the Visayas and Mindanao, Malacañang officials said.
The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (Pagcor) has allocated a total of P8.14 million for victims of last week’s massive flooding in the National Capital Region and nearby provinces.
By Leila B. Salaverria
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration is set to conduct relief operations and medical missions in flood-devastated areas in Metro Manila, Central Luzon and Southern Tagalog regions, according to OWWA head Carmelita Dimzon.
By Matikas Santos
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Wednesday was appealing for more blankets, clothing, medicine, water, and food for the more than 800,000 people affected by floods.
By Fat Reyes
Navotas City Mayor John Rey Tiangco called on employees of the Navotas City Hall to resume work and help in relief operations for flood victims, a Radyo Inquirer 990 AM report said Wednesday.
A total of 338 families badly affected by the 6.9 magnitude earthquake that hit Negros Oriental in February this year are the recent beneficiaries of Silliman University’s continuing relief operations on April 30.