By Christian V. Esguerra
President Aquino has ordered an investigation into the findings of the Commission on Audit (COA) that more than P500 million in pork barrel funds went to questionable nongovernment organizations through the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF), an agency under the Office of the President.
By Nikko Dizon
Armed Forces chief of staff General Emmanuel Bautista has created a special investigation board that would look into the appeal of former Philippine Military Academy (PMA) cadet Aldrin Jeff Cudia who was dismissed after his peers found him guilty of violating their Honor Code last year.
A congressman on Wednesday called out a probe on the alleged dumping of rotten food aid intended for typhoon victims in Leyte.
By Christine O. Avendaño
, TJ Burgonio
A wider investigation of the alleged misuse of the lawmakers’ pork barrel allocations has been underway since the Commission on Audit released a review of the transactions beginning in 2007, Justice Secretary Leila de Lima said on Monday.
By TJ Burgonio
Senators Jinggoy Estrada and Alan Peter Cayetano on Wednesday tangled over the P10-billion pork barrel scam on their last session day before adjourning for Lent.
By Gil C. Cabacungan
Speaker Feliciano Belmonte Jr. has given the green light to the majority bloc to conduct a probe of the multibillion-peso housing scam allegedly perpetrated by detained businessman Delfin Lee during the Arroyo administration.
By Kristine Angeli Sabillo
Communications Secretary Herminio Coloma on Tuesday said the government would check if it was true that some relief goods in Leyte were left to rot instead of being distributed to typhoon victims.
By TJ Burgonio
Sen. Juan Ponce Enrile and his wife, Cristina, are painting Enrile’s former chief of staff Jessica Lucila “Gigi” Reyes as the “stand-alone” culprit in the P10-billion pork barrel scam, Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago said on Thursday.
By Nancy C. Carvajal
Though no witness or whistle-blower has come forward as yet to testify to it, the P220 million in pork barrel funds that Senators Jinggoy Estrada and Gringo Honasan allegedly funneled to dubious nongovernment organizations in 2010 and 2011 through the Department of Agrarian Reform is strongly supported by documents, according to sources with knowledge of the investigation at the National Bureau of Investigation.
By Tina G. Santos
The Bureau of Customs said Tuesday it was investigating 18 of its employees for alleged involvement in rice smuggling.
The Makabayan bloc in the House of Representatives is seeking a probe into the alleged excessive mark-up in the compensation handed to the relatives of President Aquino for the 4,000 hectares of Hacienda Luisita that was distributed to tenants in Tarlac.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday allowed human rights investigators access to military documents that might lead to the identification of a male member of the military suspected of being the abductor of activist Jonas Burgos.
By Norman Bordadora
Let them investigate, including diving in 15-meter-deep water to examine the breakwater in Port Irene, Cagayan province, they won’t find anything, Sen. Juan Ponce Enrile said on Tuesday after Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago asked the Department of Justice (DOJ) to look into his connection with the company that built the P5.101-billion project.