By Niña P. Calleja
Bureau of Customs Commissioner John Philip Sevilla said the expanded truck ban set to be implemented by the Manila city government could adversely affect the operations of not just one but four major cargo holding facilities, including that of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Naia).
By Julliane Love De Jesus
Police tightened security measures and increased police presence in bus terminals, sea and air ports as the New Year’s Day celebration draws closer.
By Jhunnex Napallacan
A world-class P149-million passenger terminal building will start operating early next month at Pier 1 here and is expected to boost tourism in the city and province and earnings for the Cebu Port Authority (CPA).
By Mar S. Arguelles
Some 637 passengers, as well as 105 vehicles, were stranded in major ports across Bicol, reports reaching the Office of Civil Defense (OCD)-Bicol here Thursday, said.
By Cynthia D. Balana
The government spent more than P3 billion to construct ports from 2009 to 2012, but only 38 out of the 52 ports are operational, thereby wasting public funds, according to a Commission on Audit (COA) report.
By Kristine Angeli Sabillo
, Ricky Brozas
Customs commissioner Ruffy Biazon stopped subport collectors from vacating their posts, pending the Department of Finance’s approval of their reorganization plan, a Radyo Inquirer 990AM report said.
By Maricar Cinco
Some 200 passengers bound for Batangas at noon on Sunday were stranded at the port of Odiongan, Romblon, after the operations of the 2GO Travel and Philippine Span Asia Carrier Corp. were suspended in light of Friday’s ship collision in Cebu.
By Joy Cherry S. Quito
The Cebu Ports Authority (CPA) is expecting an increase in revenue with the coming online of three new gantry cranes at the Cebu International Port (CIP). “We hope that there would be an increase in the revenue as more vessels will be coming in because we are now more capable of handling cargoes,”said lawyer Tomas [...]
By Jerry E. Esplanada
More than 9,280 passengers have been stranded at Manila’s North Harbor and eight other major ports in Luzon due to rough sea conditions caused by tropical depression “Quinta” (international code name: Wukong), as of Thursday morning, the Philippine Coast Guard said.
By Cynthia D. Balana
R-II BUILDERS on Saturday denied that Manila Harbour Centre (MHC) had been completely taken over by the government through the Home Guaranty Corp. (HGC) as ordered by a Manila court, saying the ruling only covered “common areas, utilities and facilities.”
By Joy Cherry Quito
THE Bogo city government is asking the Cebu Ports Authority to help fund the expansion of the Pulangbato Roll-on and Roll-off Port as part of efforts to spur economic growth. The city government trying to carve out a ‘business district’ out of vast sugarcane fields in barangay Cayang. This will be completed in December or [...]
By Philip C. Tubeza
Nearly 8,000 people were stranded in ports across the Visayas and northern Mindanao due to Tropical Storm Sendong, the Philippine Coast Guard said Saturday.
By Jobers Bersales
For 220 years, between 1641 and 1853, Dejima Island was Japan’s only window to the world. All of her ports, indeed the entire country was intentionally isolated by the Tokugawa shogunate, forbidding any Japanese contact with Westerners and Asians except through this island. Dejima, the Japanese word for “exit island” was itself artificial, formed by digging a canal to separate a section of a small peninsula in Nagasaki on orders of Shogun Iyemitsu.