Quantcast
Latest Stories
Home » Party-list System You are browsing entries tagged with “Party-list System”

Comelec wants overhaul of party-list system

By ,
Comelec Chairman Sixto Brillantes. FILE PHOTO

The party-list system needs a “total overhaul” but it should not be done away with altogether, said Commission on Elections (Comelec) Chairman Sixto Brillantes Jr.

Posted: April 12th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Party-list ruling detrimental to marginalized–Sereno

By
Chief Justice Ma. Lourdes Sereno    INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Chief Justice Ma. Lourdes Sereno disagreed with the majority decision of the Supreme Court that opened the party-list system to national, regional and sectoral parties and organizations that do not represent marginalized and underrepresented sectors.

Posted: April 7th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

SC dismisses disqualification rap vs party-list group

By
INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

The Supreme Court has dismissed the petition filed by the Federation of Philippine Industries (FPI) that sought the disqualification of the LPG Marketers’ Association (LPGMA) as a party-list group.

Posted: February 27th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Follow poster rule or be canceled, party-list groups warned

By
Comelec chairman Sixto Brillantes Jr.: ‘Tampo’. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Commission on Elections Chairman Sixto Brillantes Jr. on Wednesday warned that party-list groups caught violating rules on illegal election posters during the campaign period could face cancellation of their registration.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Comelec drops 13 party-list groups from May ballot

By
Commission on Elections chair Sixto Brillantes Jr.  INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Monday formally removed from its roster 13 party-list groups that were erroneously included in last week’s raffle of slots on the May ballot, but opted to leave the vacated slots open temporarily.

Posted: January 8th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Comelec may do over raffle for party-lists

By
Comelec chairman Sixto Brillantes Jr.: ‘Tampo’. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Party-list groups that landed prime slots in the ballot for the May 13 elections may yet end up at the tail-end of the list with the Commission on Elections (Comelec) mulling over the possibility of redoing the raffle after it inadvertently included 13 groups that were not supposed to participate in the coming polls.

Posted: January 7th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Party-list purge to save gov’t millions, says Comelec

By
Comelec-Logo

The Commision on Elections (Comelec) is expecting to save millions in government funds in next year’s elections with its move to trim the participating party-list groups to only those that are compliant with the law.

Posted: December 26th, 2012 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Comelec OKs 4 new party-list groups, disqualifies 4 others

By
Comelec Chairman Sixto Brillantes. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Friday allowed four new party-list groups to run in the May 2013 polls, but disqualified four others.

Posted: December 8th, 2012 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Comelec favoring Arroyo party-lists, watchdog claims

By
comelec-logo

A poll watchdog said Friday that the Commission on Elections gave other non-marginalized groups it had disqualified from next year’s midterm elections “legal ammunition” when it accredited at least 16 partylist groups linked to President Benigno Aquino III and his predecessor, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.

Posted: December 1st, 2012 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Latest News Stories,Nation,Nation | Read More »

Comelec rejects 38 more

By
Commission on Elections chair Sixto Brillantes Jr.  INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Some 38 groups claiming to represent farmers, school drop-outs, foreign exchange dealers, drivers and women will not get the chance to run for reserved party-list seats in Congress in the May polls, according to the Commission on Elections (Comelec).

Posted: November 29th, 2012 in Latest News Stories,Nation,Photos & Videos | Read More »

3 party-list groups get SC reprieve

By ,
Clerk of Court Enriqueta Vidal  AP

Three more party-list groups were given a reprieve by the Supreme Court, which directed the Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Tuesday not to disqualify the organizations from taking part in the May 2013 elections.

Posted: November 23rd, 2012 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Nation | Read More »

Comelec OKs rival leftist party-listers

By
Comelec chairman Sixto Brillantes Jr.: ‘Tampo’. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

After a protracted word war on who should be disqualified from the 2013 elections, party-list groups Akbayan and Bayan Muna both ended up getting the nod of the Commission on Elections (Comelec) to vie for congressional seats next year.

Posted: November 21st, 2012 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Casiño supports Comelec’s move in ‘purging’ party-list system

Bayan Muna party-list Rep. Teodoro Casiño.  INQUIRER.NET FILE PHOTO

Bayan Muna Representative Teodoro “Teddy” Casiño said Monday the present leadership of the Commission on Elections (Comelec) is doing the right thing in cleaning up the party-list system.

Posted: November 19th, 2012 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Advertisement
  1. Napoles spills beans on Enrile, Estrada, Revilla – De Lima
  2. Opinions split on Napoles turning state witness
  3. Delfin Lee: Blame Pag-Ibig, not me
  4. Plunder complaint filed vs PNP chief, firearms office head over license delivery deal
  5. Cedric Lee’s cohort flies out of PH despite look-out order – De Lima
  6. San Juan cops fail to arrest Cedric Lee
  7. More ‘Yolanda’ bodies found
  8. Gigi Reyes pins blame on aide
  9. Lawyer: Napoles ‘will tell all’
  10. Boy ‘sexually assaulted’ at Indonesia international school
  1. Napoles spills beans on Enrile, Estrada, Revilla – De Lima
  2. Gigi Reyes pins blame on aide
  3. Estrada: Gigi Reyes won’t testify vs JPE
  4. Bernice Lee arrested by NBI team
  5. Enrile chief aide back in PH ‘to face charges’
  6. ‘No real progress in PH if dynasties not dismantled’
  7. Suspect in Vhong Navarro’s mauling wants to turn state witness – De Lima
  8. Reckless driver endangered lives of Aquino, entourage–report
  9. More legal woes for Cedric Lee
  10. Henares on Pacquiao bashing: I did not start this
  1. KL confirms Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 ended in Indian Ocean
  2. MRT passengers pass the hat for 6-year-old Ashley
  3. Rookie, lady cops lauded for quick response to MOA heist
  4. Malaysia averts another air tragedy; pilot lands troubled plane safely
  5. Revilla says he was joking; Lacson stands by his story
  6. Revilla ‘consulted’ Lacson on how he evaded arrest
  7. Cudia, dismissed for lying, got 99% in conduct
  8. Kim Henares needs a reprimand, says Cayetano
  9. Hammer-wielding robbers cause chaos at Philippines’ Mall of Asia
  10. Napoles spills beans on Enrile, Estrada, Revilla – De Lima

News

  • PNP chief on plunder raps: ‘Amateurish’
  • Makati readies 12-month traffic plan for Skyway 3
  • Heard on Radyo Inquirer 990AM
  • Did you know
  • HK apology: Why Estrada and not Aquino?
  • Sports

  • Mixers trim Aces, force do-or-die tiff
  • Donaire junks Garcia as coach, taps father
  • ’Bye Ginebra: No heavy heart this time
  • UAAP board tackles new rules
  • Baguio climb to decide Le Tour de Filipinas
  • Lifestyle

  • Entering the monkhood a rite of passage
  • Haneda International Airport: A destination on its own
  • Wanted: Beauty queen with a heart that beats for the environment
  • Kim Atienza: At home with art and design
  • Life lessons I want to teach my son
  • Entertainment

  • Return of ‘Ibong Adarna’
  • Practical Phytos plans his future
  • In love … with acting
  • From prison to the peak of success
  • ‘Asedillo’ location thrives
  • Business

  • PH banks not ready for Asean integration
  • Stocks down on profit-taking
  • Banks allowed to use ‘cloud’
  • SMIC to issue P15-B bonds
  • Honda upgrades PH plant
  • Technology

  • ‘Unlimited’ Internet promos not really limitless; lawmakers call for probe
  • Viber releases new design for iPhone, comes to Blackberry 10 for the first time
  • Engineers create a world of difference
  • Bam Aquino becomes Master Splinter’s son after Wiki hack
  • Mark Caguioa lambasts Ginebra teammates on Twitter
  • Opinion

  • Editorial cartoon, April 24, 2014
  • Talking to Janet
  • Respite
  • Bucket list
  • JPII in 1981: walking a tightrope
  • Global Nation

  • 19 Ukrainians, Russians, Filipinas rescued in bar raid
  • Filipinos coming home from Mideast must obtain MERS clearance – DOH
  • US Secret Service in Manila ahead of Obama visit
  • Palace thanks Estrada for successful HK mission
  • Hong Kong accepts PH apology; sanctions also lifted
  • Marketplace
    Advertisement