Quantcast
Napoles
Latest Stories
Home » Office of the Ombudsman You are browsing entries tagged with “Office of the Ombudsman”

Revilla files plea before Ombudsman over pork scam

Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. on Monday filed a motion for reconsideration before the Office of the Ombudsman over his supposed role in the pork barrel scam, Inquirer Radio 990AM reported.

Posted: April 7th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Tuason, Reyes appeal participation in ‘pork’ scam before Ombudsman

Gigi Reyes and Ruby Tuason INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Provisional state witness Ruby Tuason and co-accused Jessica Lucila “Gigi” Reyes on Monday filed motions for reconsideration before the Office of the Ombudsman over their supposed role in the ‘pork barrel’ scam, the Inquirer Radio 990AM reported.

Posted: April 7th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Revilla seeks SC TRO on plunder charge

By
Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. INQUIRER.net FILE PHOTO

Senator Ramon Revilla Jr. has asked the Supreme Court to stop the Ombudsman from further acting on the plunder case against him as he questioned its resolution last week approving his indictment in connection with the alleged misuse of his Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF), also known as pork barrel funds.

Posted: April 6th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

AMLC to freeze assets of Enrile, Estrada, Revilla

By
Senators Juan Ponce Enrile, Jinggoy Estrada and Ramon Revilla Jr.  INQUIRER FILE PHOTOS

The Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) has started moves to freeze the assets and bank accounts of the lawmakers implicated in the pork barrel scam and recommended for prosecution for plunder by the Ombudsman, Justice Secretary Leila de Lima said on Friday.

Posted: April 5th, 2014 in Editors' Picks,Featured Gallery,Headlines,Nation,Photos & Videos | Read More »

Santiago gloats over senators’ plunder charges at Olongapo graduation

By
Sen. Miriam Defensor Santiago. INQUIRER.net FILE PHOTO

Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago could not help but gloat over the plunder cases filed against three of her colleagues, when she addressed 500 graduates of Gordon College here on Wednesday.

Posted: April 4th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Regions | Read More »

De Lima: SC to decide if Revilla’s plea vs preliminary probe of pork is moot

By
Justice Secretary Leila de Lima. INQUIRER.net FILE PHOTO

Has the petition of Senator Ramon Revilla Jr., now before the Supreme Court and up for oral arguments on April 22 been rendered moot and academic now that the Ombudsman has approved his indictment for plunder along with others?

Posted: April 2nd, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Binay urges Aquino gov’t to be fair, charge other officials tagged in pork scam

By
Vice President Jejomar Binay.  FILE PHOTO

Vice President Jejomar Binay challenged the Aquino administration, on Wednesday, to prove its fairness in dealing with the case stemming from the Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) scam and prosecute other tagged officials, saying such a move would preclude any political motive in its pursuit of prosecution.

Posted: April 2nd, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

‘Remain vigilant,’ anti-pork barrel activist tells Filipino public

By
PEACHY Rallonza-Bretaña

The Filipino public should stay vigilant now that plunder charges have been filed against three senators, suspected operators and agents in the P10-billion pork barrel scam, an activist who led in the Million People March against pork barrel said on Tuesday.

Posted: April 2nd, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Gov’t execs facing plunder case can still go abroad – Ombudsman

Assistant Ombudsman Asryman Rafanan. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Government officials facing plunder and graft charges over the alleged P10-billion pork barrel scam can still travel outside the country.

Posted: April 1st, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

No state witness immunities for Tuason, Cunanan – Assistant Ombudsman

By
Ruby Tuason  INQUIRER.net FILE PHOTO

Ruby Tuason and Dennis Cunanan would not be given the state witness immunities unless the Ombudsman frees them from criminal liabilities in the plunder and graft charges they are facing.

Posted: April 1st, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Central Mindanao accounts for largest number of graft cases in Mindanao

By
mindanao map

Central Mindanao beats other Mindanao regions in the number of officials facing graft charges lodged in the Office of the Ombudsman, according to Deputy Ombudsman for Mindanao Rodolfo Elman.

Posted: March 28th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Regions | Read More »

Ombudsman is accuser, investigator, judge, executioner in cases—Corona

By
Former Chief Justice Renato Corona  INQUIRER.net FILE PHOTO

Former Chief Justice Renato Corona said on Thursday he had expected Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales to deny his appeal to reconsider her office’s ruling to indict him and his wife Cristina for allegedly amassing P130 million in ill-gotten wealth.

Posted: March 27th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Ombudsman denies Corona’s bid to dismiss forfeiture case

By
Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales.  INQUIRER file photo

Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales denied on Wednesday an appeal by former Chief Justice Renato Corona to review its previous ruling finding probable cause to indict him and his wife Cristina in connection with their alleged P130-million ill-gotten wealth case.

Posted: March 26th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Advertisement
  1. US teacher fired over comment on black president
  2. Enrile chief aide back in PH ‘to face charges’
  3. Filipinos, Dane re-enact crucifixion of Christ
  4. Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
  5. Henares on Pacquiao bashing: I did not start this
  6. ‘No real progress in PH if dynasties not dismantled’
  7. Massive infra spending set
  8. More legal woes for Cedric Lee
  9. Easter crucifixions draw huge crowds
  10. Korea ferry captain arrested, divers spot bodies
  1. Kim Henares needs a reprimand, says Cayetano
  2. Suspect in Vhong Navarro mauling tries to leave PH
  3. More legal woes for Cedric Lee
  4. Fr. Suarez says last Mass on Easter before returning donated land to San Miguel
  5. ‘Mom, I love you,’ says text from student on sinking ferry
  6. MH370 co-pilot made mid-flight phone call – report
  7. ‘No real progress in PH if dynasties not dismantled’
  8. I’ll follow my conscience on Estrada, says JV Ejercito
  9. Massive infra spending set
  10. OFW brings MERS virus to Philippines
  1. KL confirms Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 ended in Indian Ocean
  2. MRT passengers pass the hat for 6-year-old Ashley
  3. Rookie, lady cops lauded for quick response to MOA heist
  4. Model Helena Belmonte wished ‘to slash her wrist and hope to die’
  5. Malaysia averts another air tragedy; pilot lands troubled plane safely
  6. Revilla says he was joking; Lacson stands by his story
  7. Revilla ‘consulted’ Lacson on how he evaded arrest
  8. Police rule out foul play in Helena Belmonte’s death as boyfriend is ‘traumatized’
  9. Cudia, dismissed for lying, got 99% in conduct
  10. Hammer-wielding robbers cause chaos at Philippines’ Mall of Asia

News

  • 2 killed in apparent Bahrain car bombing
  • SC suspends proctor in 2011 bar exams
  • At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
  • Solons seek ample protection for bank depositors
  • Tragedies at sea: The Sewol and the Costa Concordia
  • Sports

  • Tottenham beats Fulham 3-1 in Premier League
  • Martino defends Messi, takes blame for Barca fail
  • Vettel hoping for resurgence at Chinese GP
  • MLB pitcher donates $100,000 for Sewol ferry victims
  • Hamilton takes pole at Chinese Grand Prix
  • Lifestyle

  • Levine designs womenswear with help from fiancee
  • Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
  • Ford Mustang turns 50 atop Empire State Building
  • Pro visual artists, lensmen to judge Pagcor’s photo contest
  • ‘Labahita a la bacalao’
  • Entertainment

  • Myx TV premieres Asian American ‘docu-series’
  • A nutty finale for ‘Scandal,’ TV’s craziest show
  • EXO postpones release of mini album ‘Overdose’
  • ‘X-men’ filmmaker slams ‘fabricated’ sex attack claims
  • Singer Chris Brown’s bodyguard on trial in DC
  • Business

  • Fiat-Chrysler to produce iconic Jeep in China from 2015
  • US commerce secretary spells out economic facet of ‘pivot to Asia’
  • Italy sells luxury state cars on eBay
  • Asian shares mostly up in quiet trade
  • Dollar up in Asia on US jobs data, Ukraine deal
  • Technology

  • Nasa’s moon-orbiting robot crashes down
  • Netizens pay respects to Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  • Nokia recalls 30,000 chargers for Lumia 2520 tablet
  • Facebook rolls out ‘nearby friends’ feature
  • Netizens seethe over Aquino’s ‘sacrifice’ message
  • Opinion

  • Editorial cartoon, April 17, 2014
  • A humbler Church
  • Deepest darkness
  • ‘Agnihotra’ for Earth’s health
  • It’s the Holy Week, time to think of others
  • Global Nation

  • Cesar Chavez movie sparks memories of Fil-Am labor leaders
  • Filipinos in US poised for success
  • Visas for priests and other faith leaders
  • DOH to continue tracking co-passengers of OFW infected with MERS virus
  • 5 Filipinos with MERS in UAE reported in stable condition
  • Marketplace
    Advertisement