Quantcast
Latest Stories
Home » disaster You are browsing entries tagged with “disaster”

‘Mario’ aftermath: Gov’t brings relief to Ilocos, to restore power in 4 days

ROXAS

Interior Secretary Manuel Roxas II on Monday met with officials of Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur provinces, areas placed under states of calamity, following the onslaught of Tropical Storm “Mario” (international name: Fung-Wong), to discuss government efforts to help typhoon victims.

Posted: September 22nd, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Regions | Read More »

Storms cause P1.14B in crop damage

By
Floods waters from Marikina river (R) overflows to a street along the river and residences (L) in the suburbs of Manila on September 19, 2014. Heavy rains brought by the outer bands of Tropical Storm Fung-Wong shut down the Philippine capital on September 19, stranding motorists and forcing tens of thousands to flee their flooded homes, officials said. AFP

Typhoon “Luis” and Tropical Storm “Mario” together exacted a heavy toll on farms amounting to P1.14 billion so far, based on an initial assessment by the Department of Agriculture (DA).

Posted: September 21st, 2014 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Latest News Stories,Nation,Nation,Photos & Videos | Read More »

‘Mario’ unleashes fury up north as it moves away from PH

Mario-Sept-20-5pm

Tropical Storm Mario whipped up strong winds and dumped heavy rains on provinces in northern Luzon from Friday night through Saturday, triggering flashfloods in parts of the Ilocos region but leaving no casualties in the region as of Saturday afternoon.

Posted: September 20th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Regions | Read More »

Metro Manila picks up pieces as storm drenches north

Residents continue to be housed in evacuation centers Saturday, Sept. 20, 2014 in Marikina city east of Manila, Philippines. AP

Thousands of people displaced by floods triggered by Tropical Storm “Mari” (international name: Fung-Wong) returned to their mud-caked homes in Metro Manila Saturday, as the death toll from the disaster rose to five, officials said.

Posted: September 20th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Cebu declares state of calamity in wake of floods

By
A Cebu City government owned fire truck rescued stranded passengers at the Logarta street corner F. Cabahug street by transporting them to a nearby area with less water. (CDN PHOTO/JUNJIE MENDOZA)

Cebu City has been placed under a state of calamity to speed up implementation of drainage improvement projects to prevent a repeat of Thursday’s flooding that submerged half of the city’s streets.

Posted: September 19th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Regions | Read More »

Advertisement
Advertisement
Marketplace
Advertisement