Quantcast
Latest Stories
Home » Communist Party of the Philippines You are browsing entries tagged with “Communist Party of the Philippines”

Palparan arrest not to please Communists – Palace

By
Presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Malacañang on Wednesday clarified that while there are “informal discussions” between the government and the communists, the arrest of retired Army Major General Jovito Palparan had nothing to do with the peace process.

Posted: August 13th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Tiamzons no shows in arraignment for illegal gun possession

By
Communist Party of the Philippines and New People’s Army chief Benito Tiamzon (left) and his wife, Wilma (right).  INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

The lawyers of Benito Tiamzon and Wilma Austria Tiamzon, the alleged top leaders of the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP), who were arrested months ago, has asked the court to drop the criminal charges against their clients, saying the firearms and explosives the military claimed to have found in their possession during their arrest were “planted.”

Posted: August 12th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Palace welcomes CPP-NPA-NDF ‘goodwill gesture’

By
Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda. RYAN LEAGOGO/INQUIRER.net

Is a peace deal with the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) in the offing? Malacañang on Wednesday said it was not yet sure, but that the recent release of four policemen in Surigao del Norte was a “welcome development.”

Posted: July 30th, 2014 in Featured Gallery,Latest News Stories,Nation,Photos & Videos | Read More »

Military chief optimistic of communist insurgency’s defeat

By ,
Retired Gen. Emmanuel Bautista .  PHOTO from AFP Public Affairs Office

Armed Forces chief General Emmanuel Bautista says he is leaving the military service with high hopes that the communist insurgency, which dates back to the late 1940’s, will finally be defeated.

Posted: July 12th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Military owns ‘raw’ terror threat report that ‘should not have been released’

Davao Mayor Rodrigo Duterte. FILE PHOTO

The military has said it provided the intelligence report that warned of terror attacks in this city, which Interior Secretary Manuel Roxas II and Mayor Rodrigo Duterte had discussed last week.

Posted: July 3rd, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Regions | Read More »

Advertisement
Advertisement
Marketplace
Advertisement