SANAA, Yemen – Fifteen schoolgirls were killed in Yemen when their bus was caught up in a car bomb attack targeting a Shiite militia leader by suspected Al-Qaeda militants on Tuesday, officials said. Another 10 people also died in the blast outside the home of Abdallah Idriss, a leader of the Shiite rebels […]
The main suspect in the bombing on Tuesday of a bus passing near a university in Bukidnon had been in jail for a previous terror attack but was rescued by armed men during a raid on the detention facility at least seven years ago.
Pieces of evidence found in a bus that was bombed late Tuesday point to an act of terror but police said they have yet to identify the group behind the blast that killed at least 11 people.
By Bobby Lagsa
Police investigators said Wednesday they had yet to determine who was behind Tuesday’s bombing of a bus that killed 11 people and injured nearly 30 others, but civilian and military officials said they suspected the explosion was the work of either a breakaway Moro rebel group or a band of extortionists.
By Frances Mangosing
While they are still awaiting the result of their investigation, the authorities are looking at the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF), the breakaway group of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, as the possible suspects behind the bombing of a bus in Bukidnon which killed at least 10 people and injured 42 others on Tuesday.