Quantcast
Latest Stories
Home » Atimonan shootout You are browsing entries tagged with “Atimonan shootout”

13 cops in Atimonan shooting ordered dismissed

By
A member of the National Bureau of Investigation forensic team examines marks left by a hail of bullets that hit this SUV and another vehicle, and killed all 13 onboard, including police officers and soldiers. Most of the bullets were believed to have been fired by a police-military team stationed at a checkpoint in Atimonan, Quezon. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Thirteen policemen, including Police Superintendent Hansel Marantan, were ordered dismissed by the Philippine National Police in connection with the Atimonan massacre in January last year.

Posted: April 14th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Warrants out for 12 cops in Atimonan slays

By

Arrest warrants for multiple murder were issued Friday against 12 police officers, led by Supt. Hansel Marantan, who were implicated in the killing of 13 persons, including an alleged gambling lord, in Atimonan, Quezon, last January.

Posted: September 21st, 2013 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Nation | Read More »

2 cops involved in Atimonan shootout go AWOL

By
A member of the National Bureau of Investigation forensic team examines marks left by a hail of bullets that hit this SUV and another vehicle, and killed all 13 onboard, including police officers and soldiers. Most of the bullets were believed to have been fired by a police-military team stationed at a checkpoint in Atimonan, Quezon. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Two more police officers involved in the Atimonan shooting incident last January have gone on absent-without-leave in what authorities could be interpreted as an apparent attempt to escape the law, a Philippine National Police (PNP) said Thursday.

Posted: September 19th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Photos & Videos,Regions | Read More »

NBI to probe media leaks in Atimonan case

By ,
http://www.nbi.gov.ph/ photo

The National Bureau of Investigation will investigate the leak to the press of its report on the police killing of 13 alleged criminals in Atimonan, Quezon, on Jan. 6.

Posted: February 8th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

‘Jueteng’ and other theories on Atimonan slays

By
PARTNERSHIP  Gold miner Ronnie Habitan of Camarines Norte (second, from left) met with four of the Atimonan 13—Michael Pajarillo, Vic Siman, Supt. Alfredo Consemino and Maximo Pelayo—during the office blessing of New Marc Security Agency in Calamba City in Laguna. CONTRIBUTED PHOTO

The motive for the police-military operation that resulted in the killing of 13 people in Atimonan, Quezon province, on Jan. 6 has not been established, but several theories have been advanced.

Posted: February 4th, 2013 in Editors' Picks,Featured Gallery,Headlines,Nation,Photos & Videos | Read More »

De Lima bares attempt to track down third vehicle

By
radyo-inquirer-logo

There was an attempt to track down the third vehicle present when 13 people were killed in Atimonan, Quezon, last January 6, Justice Secretary Leila De Lima said Friday in an interview over Radyo Inquirer 990AM.

Posted: January 18th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Regions | Read More »

Bautista best choice for AFP chief

By

The National Bureau of Investigation should focus on the motive for the alleged one-way shootout in Atimonan, Quezon, that killed 13 persons, including two cops and two soldiers.

Posted: January 17th, 2013 in Featured Columns,On Target | Read More »

‘It was a legitimate operation,’ soldiers in Atimonan shooting say

By
A member of the National Bureau of Investigation forensic team examines marks left by a hail of bullets that hit this SUV and another vehicle, and killed all 13 onboard, including police officers and soldiers. Most of the bullets were believed to have been fired by a police-military team stationed at a checkpoint in Atimonan, Quezon. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Members of the Armed Forces of the Philippine who were involved in an alleged shootout in Atimonan, Quezon that killed 13 people maintained before the National Bureau of Investigation that the operation was legitimate.

Posted: January 16th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Batangas town mayor denies report linking him to Vic Siman slay

radyo-inquirer-logo

Balete, Batangas Mayor Leovino Hidalgo denied Tuesday having anything to do with the killing of the alleged “jueteng” operator Vic Siman.

Posted: January 15th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Soldiers in Atimonan ‘shootout’ restricted to barracks

By
Police pass by the bullet-riddled vehicle of suspected criminals along a road in the town of Atimonan in Quezon province, about 140 kilometers (100 miles) southeast of Manila, Philippines late Sunday Jan. 7, 2013. Philippine army special forces and police killed 13 suspected criminals in a gunbattle Sunday in the latest violence to erupt in the country in the past week. AP/Aaron Favila

The 25 soldiers involved in an alleged shootout in Atimonan, Quezon that left out 13 people dead early this month have been restricted to their barracks pending the investigation of the case, the military said.

Posted: January 15th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

PNP chief dismayed over sloppy report on Atimonan shooting

By
Philippine National Police Deputy Director General Alan Purisima. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

The final report of the police fact-finding team looking into the Atimonan shooting that took the lives of 13 people has not yet been forwarded to the National Bureau of Investigation because it will still be subjected to heavy rewriting.

Posted: January 14th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Revilla files resolution to probe Atimonan ‘shootout’

By
Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr.  INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

A resolution formally directing the Senate to conduct an investigation into the alleged shootout in Atimonan, Quezon was filed by Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. Monday.

Posted: January 14th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Lontok was not an NPA rebel – kin, AFP

By
INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

The family of slain environmentalist Tirso “Jun” Lontok Jr. on Sunday strongly disputed the report that he once joined the New People’s Army (NPA).

Posted: January 13th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Regions | Read More »

Advertisement
  1. Napoles spills beans on Enrile, Estrada, Revilla – De Lima
  2. Opinions split on Napoles turning state witness
  3. Delfin Lee: Blame Pag-Ibig, not me
  4. Plunder complaint filed vs PNP chief, firearms office head over license delivery deal
  5. Cedric Lee’s cohort flies out of PH despite look-out order – De Lima
  6. San Juan cops fail to arrest Cedric Lee
  7. More ‘Yolanda’ bodies found
  8. Gigi Reyes pins blame on aide
  9. Lawyer: Napoles ‘will tell all’
  10. Boy ‘sexually assaulted’ at Indonesia international school
  1. Napoles spills beans on Enrile, Estrada, Revilla – De Lima
  2. Gigi Reyes pins blame on aide
  3. Estrada: Gigi Reyes won’t testify vs JPE
  4. Bernice Lee arrested by NBI team
  5. Enrile chief aide back in PH ‘to face charges’
  6. ‘No real progress in PH if dynasties not dismantled’
  7. Suspect in Vhong Navarro’s mauling wants to turn state witness – De Lima
  8. Reckless driver endangered lives of Aquino, entourage–report
  9. More legal woes for Cedric Lee
  10. Henares on Pacquiao bashing: I did not start this
  1. KL confirms Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 ended in Indian Ocean
  2. MRT passengers pass the hat for 6-year-old Ashley
  3. Rookie, lady cops lauded for quick response to MOA heist
  4. Malaysia averts another air tragedy; pilot lands troubled plane safely
  5. Revilla says he was joking; Lacson stands by his story
  6. Revilla ‘consulted’ Lacson on how he evaded arrest
  7. Cudia, dismissed for lying, got 99% in conduct
  8. Kim Henares needs a reprimand, says Cayetano
  9. Hammer-wielding robbers cause chaos at Philippines’ Mall of Asia
  10. Napoles spills beans on Enrile, Estrada, Revilla – De Lima

News

  • Save the queen? Aide takes fall for Enrile, Gigi Reyes
  • Napoles turnaround alarms whistle-blowers
  • Palace prepared to charge its allies
  • 12 senators on Napoles ‘pork’ list, says Lacson
  • PNP chief on plunder raps: ‘Amateurish’
  • Sports

  • Mixers trim Aces, force do-or-die tiff
  • Donaire junks Garcia as coach, taps father
  • ’Bye Ginebra: No heavy heart this time
  • UAAP board tackles new rules
  • Baguio climb to decide Le Tour de Filipinas
  • Lifestyle

  • Entering the monkhood a rite of passage
  • Haneda International Airport: A destination on its own
  • Wanted: Beauty queen with a heart that beats for the environment
  • Kim Atienza: At home with art and design
  • Life lessons I want to teach my son
  • Entertainment

  • Return of ‘Ibong Adarna’
  • Practical Phytos plans his future
  • In love … with acting
  • From prison to the peak of success
  • ‘Asedillo’ location thrives
  • Business

  • Philippine Airlines to stop shipment of shark fins
  • PH banks not ready for Asean integration
  • Stocks down on profit-taking
  • Banks allowed to use ‘cloud’
  • SMIC to issue P15-B bonds
  • Technology

  • ‘Unlimited’ Internet promos not really limitless; lawmakers call for probe
  • Viber releases new design for iPhone, comes to Blackberry 10 for the first time
  • Engineers create a world of difference
  • Bam Aquino becomes Master Splinter’s son after Wiki hack
  • Mark Caguioa lambasts Ginebra teammates on Twitter
  • Opinion

  • Editorial cartoon, April 24, 2014
  • Talking to Janet
  • Respite
  • Bucket list
  • JPII in 1981: walking a tightrope
  • Global Nation

  • China and rivals sign naval pact to ease maritime tensions
  • What Went Before: Manila bus hostage crisis
  • Obama arrives in Tokyo, first stop of 4-nation tour
  • Believe it or not: Filipinos love US more than Yanks
  • PH, HK end bitter row; sanctions lifted
  • Marketplace
    Advertisement