Quantcast
Latest Stories
Home » Nation You are browsing entries filed in “Nation”

‘Shocking new evidence’ vs Joc-joc Bolante et al.

By , , ,
Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales says they have newly found “evidence [against former Agriculture Secretary Luis “Cito” Lorenzo (right inset) and his former undersecretary Jocelyn “Joc-joc” Bolante) that will not only make our case stronger but will also shock the world.”  INQUIRER FILE PHOTOS

Not so fast. Former Agriculture Secretary Luis “Cito” Lorenzo, his former Undersecretary Jocelyn “Joc-joc” Bolante and their coaccused in the P723-million fertilizer fund scam cannot celebrate yet because the Sandiganbayan has not dismissed the case, contrary to reports on Wednesday.

Posted: August 29th, 2014 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Nation | Read More »

Aquino slams leftist groups for impeach move

By

President Aquino on Thursday said he believed he would get justice in the impeachment complaints filed against him by militant groups, which he pointed out have always been his critics.

Posted: August 29th, 2014 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Nation | Read More »

Binay ‘ready to campaign, win, govern’

By
Cavite Gov. Jonvic Remulla, Vice President Jejomar Binay’s new spokesman, says the secon-highest official of the land “is ready to campaign, ready to win and ready to govern.” INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

The new spokesman of Vice President Jejomar Binay on Thursday said he had been helping with preparations for the latter’s 2016 presidential run for almost two years now and the campaign would be something to reckon with.

Posted: August 29th, 2014 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Nation | Read More »

Binay hits foes for smear

By
28binay1--

Vice President Jejomar Binay on Wednesday fired back at his accusers and detractors, singling out administration coalition allies for the political attacks against him but careful not to link President Aquino.

Posted: August 28th, 2014 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Nation | Read More »

Court finds evidence vs Cito Lorenzo, Joc-joc Bolante insufficient

By
bolante-lorenzo

The Sandiganbayan has found no probable cause to charge former Agriculture Secretary Luis “Cito” Lorenzo and Undersecretary Jocelyn “Joc-joc” Bolante with plunder over the P728-million fertilizer fund scam during the Arroyo administration.

Posted: August 28th, 2014 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Nation | Read More »

Advertisement
Advertisement
Marketplace
Advertisement