Quantcast
pope ph
Latest Stories

McDo back in Tacloban one year after ‘Yolanda’

By
GLOBAL ANNIVERSARY  McDonald’s and Ronald McDonald House Charities Philippines (RMHC) celebrate the 40th global anniversary of RMHC with the opening of McDo Bahay Bulilit in Tacloban City. Photo shows Kenneth Yang, McDonald’s Philippines president and CEO, and Ronald McDonald talking to the children at the newly built day-care center.

The McDonald’s branch here reopened Thursday ahead of the first year anniversary of the world’s strongest typhoon that made landfall in this city.

Posted: October 17th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Regions | Read More »

Imeldific way: Get eyesore out of Pope’s sight

By
cart1004

They may be an eyesore, but don’t leave them out in the cold.

Posted: October 4th, 2014 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Latest News Stories,Nation,Nation | Read More »

Evacuees resist transfer to place away from papal route

By
INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Mayor Remedios Petilla of Palo wants to transfer 250 families living in bunk houses in Barangay Candahug to another place five kilometers away so they will not be very visible when Pope Francis visits the town in January.

Posted: October 3rd, 2014 in Featured Gallery,Latest News Stories,Photos & Videos,Regions | Read More »

Tacloban, needing P20B, gets P250M

By
A VIEW of one part of the Tacloban City port days after Supertyphoon “Yolanda” struck last year 
MARK ALVIC ESPLANA/INQUIRER SOUTHERN LUZON

Out of the billions of pesos the Philippine government received from foreign donors following the onslaught of Super Typhoon “Yolanda,” the city, considered ground zero of the strongest storm to hit landfall in recent history, has received only about P250 million.

Posted: September 20th, 2014 in Featured Gallery,Headlines,Latest News Stories,Photos & Videos,Regions,Regions | Read More »

Dinky Soliman, told to quit, says ‘read whole report’

By ,
Social Welfare Secretary Dinky Soliman: Investment in the future.  FILE PHOTO

A group of victims of Supertyphoon “Yolanda” (international name: Haiyan) is demanding the resignation of Social Welfare Secretary Corazon “Dinky” Soliman after the Commission on Audit (COA) reported that food packs worth P2.7 million were lost to spoilage because of improper handling.

Posted: September 12th, 2014 in Headlines,Latest News Stories,Regions,Regions | Read More »

Advertisement
Advertisement
Marketplace
Advertisement