MANILA, Philippines ? The Commission on Elections (Comelec) will likely proclaim winning partylist groups by the end of the week, a spokesman from the poll body said Monday.
In chance interview with Comelec spokesman James Jimenez, he said that with the current status of the canvassing of votes of the Comelec en banc acting as the National Board of Canvassers (NBOC), it is possible that they may proclaim partylist winners by Thursday or Friday.
However, Jimenez clarified that the number of partylist groups to be proclaimed will depend on the number of vacancies in the House of Representatives.
Each partylist group can get a maximum of three seats in the chamber.
Below is the Comelec tally of the top 20 partylist groups as of May 17, 10:53 a.m.:
1. Ako Bicol Partylist - 1,512,153
2. Coalition of Association of Senior Citizens Philippines Inc. - 1,257,703
3. Buhay Hayaan Yumabong - 1,233,672
4. Akbayan - 1,029,872
5. Gabriela Women's Party - 979,586
6. Cooperative NATCCO Network Party - 932,717
7. ABONO - 747,539
8. Bayan Muna - 724,714
9. An-waray - 711,030
10. 1st Consumers Alliance for Rural Energy - 669,531
11. Citizens Battle Against Corruption - 632,332
12. Advocacy for Teachers' Empowerment - 579,407
13. Agricultural Sector Alliance of the Philippines - 512,260
14. Alliance for Barangay Concern's Party - 455,428
15. Anakpawis - 431,952
16. Butil Farmers Party - 423,971
17. LPG Marketers Association Inc. - 414,881
18. Kabataan Partylist - 406,825
19. Abante Mindanao Inc. - 375,066
20. Act Teachers - 355,904