Palace reacts on Hollywood actress’ cancelled Manila trip: ‘Who is she?’
“Who is she?”
This was Malacañang’s reaction to Hollywood actress Hayley Atwell’s cancellation of her much-anticipated appearance in the 2018 ComicCon Asia that will be held in Manila this weekend.
Organizers said in a statement on Thursday that Atwell has called off her arrival in this year’s ComicCon Asia, citing the “political unrest in the country.”
“Her loss, and who’s she?” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a text message when sought for comment on this matter.
The Palace official also denied that the Philippines was suffering from political unrest.
“Wrong perception, because there’s none,” he said.
But on Friday, Atwell released a statement on her Instagram, saying the changes in her work schedule was the reason for her skipping the ComicCon 2018 event in Manila.
“I’m so sorry to be missing the convention in Manila this weekend. I was looking forward to visiting your beautiful country and meeting you all,” she wrote.
“Unfortunately, the changes to my work schedule have made it impossible for me to travel so far at this time,” the Hollywood actress added.
Her statement was in contrast with the statement released by the organizers, who cited “political unrest” in the Philippines as the reason for her cancelled trip. /kga
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.