MPD issues rerouting plan for motorists on feast of Black Nazarene
The Manila Police District (MPD) has advised motorists to take alternative routes on Jan. 9, due to the feast of the Black Nazarene that include the procession around select roads in Manila.
MPD Chief of Traffic Insp. Alejandro Pelias said on Wednesday that five major roads would be closed starting 10 p.m. of Jan. 8 to give way for the procession of the Black Nazarene devotees.
Pelias noted that the following roads would be immediately opened once the tail of the procession has passed on these areas:
- Katigbak Drive and South Drive (one lane accessible to Manila Hotel and H20 Hotel)
- Stretch of McArthur, Jones, and Quezon Bridges
- Taft Avenue from Ayala to the three bridges aforementioned
- Both lanes of Quezon Boulevard (from A. Mendoza / Fugoso St. to Quezon Bridge
- Roxas Boulevard from Katigbak Drive to TM Kalaw Street
Rerouting of the vehicles
In addition, all vehicles were advised to take alternate roads to arrive to their respective destinations due to some road closures.
The following alternative routes were stated in the MPD’s rerouting advisory:
- Vehicles traveling Burgos Street shall turn right to Finance Road to Ayala Boulevard
- Vehicles coming from southern part of Manila intending to utilize the northbound of Roxas Boulevard from TM Kalaw Street left to M. Orosa Street going to Intramuros left to A. Soriano Street
- Trucks and other heavy vehicles intending to utilize the stretch of Bonifacio Drive Southbound Lane shall turn around Anda Circle going back to Northbound Lane of Road 10 to C3
- Light vehicles intended to utilize the stretch of Bonifacio Drive and Roxas Boulevard southbound shall turn around to Anda Circle going to A. Sereno right to Gen. Luna to Burgos-Orosa Street left to Kalaw to Taft Avenue to Point of destination
- Vehicles coming from Caloocan City utilizing Rizal Avenue shall turn right to Fugoso Street or turn right to CM Recto Avenue
- Light vehicles intending to utilize the stretch of Bonifacio Drive and Roxas Boulevard southbound lane shall turn around to Anda Circle going to Delpan or Moriones
- Vehicles coming from Quezon City using the stretch of España Avenue shall turn right to P. Campa Street then turn left to Andalucia Street then turn right to Fugoso Street turn right to CM Recto Avenue
- Vehicles coming from España Avenue intending to proceed to Southern Pier Zone shall turn left to Nicanor Reyes Street then turn right or left to CM Recto Avenue
- Vehicles coming from Legarda Street shall turn right to CM Recto Avenue or turn left to Mendiola Street
- Heavy vehicles/cargo trucks shall take President Osmeña to President Quirino going to Nagtahan via AH Lacson to Capulong (vice-versa) /jpv
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.