Monday, July 23, 2018
Close  
  • share this

Palace welcomes decline in number of injured New Year revelers

By: - Reporter / @JhoannaBINQ
/ 05:18 PM January 01, 2018
Harry Roque

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque (File photo by JOAN BONDOC / Philippine Daily Inquirer)

Malacañang welcomed on Monday the significant decrease in the number of firecracker-related injuries during the New Year’s celebration this year.

“We’re elated and we hope next year it will be no casualties and injuries at all,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a text message.

The Department of Health (DOH) recorded 191 firecracker-related injuries from December 21, 2017 to January 1, 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT

It went down from 350 injuries in the same period from last year, or a 68-percent drop.

It’s the biggest reduction recorded so far, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said. /jpv

READ: DOH notes decline in firecracker-related injuries with 191 cases
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: New Year, Palace, revelry, Roque
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
newsinfo

No number coding for July 23 – MMDA

July 23, 2018 07:56 AM

newsinfo

2 hurt, hundreds flee as tornado hits Davao City

July 23, 2018 07:54 AM

newsinfo

Cuban legislature adopts new constitution

July 23, 2018 07:28 AM

globalnation

Spell out China strategy in Sona, Carpio tells Duterte

July 23, 2018 07:24 AM



© Copyright 1997-2018 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.