Clearing ops for unexploded ordnances continue in Marawi
The military on Saturday said clearing operations will continue to remove other hazards that will endanger the lives of local residents who are returning to their houses.
Col. Romeo Brawner, spokesperson of the Joint Task Force Marawi, said in a statement that the military so far cleared 30 percent of ground zero of unexploded ordnance and improvised explosive devices.
Brawner said among those cleared were about 20 kilometers of primary and secondary roads, three major bridges, a school, and three places of worship.
The task force official said the information was shared by Maj. Gen. Arnold Rafael Depakakibo, the military’s chief engineer.
Brawner said as of December 15, the Joint Engineer Task Group (JETG) had recovered a total of 2,853 assorted unexploded ordnance and 415 improvised explosive devices.
“This was done through the support of Explosives and Ordnance Disposal Company and K-9 Teams from the Philippine Army and Philippines Air Force,” he said. /jpv
Inquirer calls for support for the victims in Marawi City
Responding to appeals for help, the Philippine Daily Inquirer is extending its relief to victims of the attacks in Marawi City
Cash donations may be deposited in the Inquirer Foundation Corp. Banco De Oro (BDO) Current Account No: 007960018860.
Inquiries may be addressed to Inquirer’s Corporate Affairs office through Connie Kalagayan at 897-4426, email@example.com and Bianca Kasilag-Macahilig at 897-8808 local 352, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For donation from overseas:
Inquirer Foundation Corp account:
Inquirer Foundation Corp. Banco De Oro (BDO) Current Account No: 007960018860
Swift Code: BNORPHMM
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.