10 young storytellers make it to semifinals of Inquirer Read-Along tilt
Ten students from Metro Manila schools made the cut to the semifinal round of the 7th Inquirer Read-Along Festival Storytelling Competition on Saturday.
Eighty-one young storytellers from 12 schools in Metro Manila and Cavite province joined the elimination round held at main office of the Philippine Daily Inquirer in Makati.
The semifinalists are:
- Izabelle Rose Dimzon, Crisha Kaye Coja and Reeve Angelo Penuliar of School of Saint Anthony in Quezon City Jercy
- Tuesca and Princess Jeza Gail Eliang of Antonio Regidor Elementary School in Manila
- Jiro Patrick Julian of Chiang Kai Shek College in Manila
- Rica Deon Delgado, Jose Joachim Manalang and Jessica Seo of The Seed Montessori School in Quezon City
- Iza Nicole Barcena of J. Zamora Elementary School in Manila
Junior Inquirer editor and Inquirer Read-Along host Ruth Navarra Mayo headed the board of judges, which included Inquirer photographer Grig Montegrande and Ang Pinoy Storytellers’ Posh Develos.
Other schools that participated in Saturday’s elimination rounds were Good Shepherd Montessori in Pasig; De La Salle Greenhills in Mandaluyong; Malagasang II Elementary School in Imus, Cavite province; and Saint Anthony Montessori Inc. Makati, Mandaluyong and Manila branches.
Five finalists will be chosen during the semifinal round on Sept. 30.
The finals will be held on the last session of the Read-Along Festival on Oct. 7 at 3 p.m., also at the Inquirer main office. –Inquirer Read-Along Team