MMDA: Heavier traffic this weekend due to road repairs
The Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) warned motorists of heavier traffic this weekend as the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) conduct road repairs in some parts of the metropolis.
In its latest advisory, the MMDA said that the DPWH will undertake road re-blocking and restorations from 11 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday.
Specifically, the MMDA said the following areas will be affected by the road repairs:
- A. Bonifacio Avenue between Dome St. to Sgt. Rivera, Quezon City (second lane)
- C-5 Road near Julia Vargas, Pasig City
- Mindanao Avenue after Tandang Sora fronting Shell, Quezon City (second lane)
- EDSA between Kaingin Road and Dario Bridge, Quezon City (third lane)
- E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue after Green Meadows Ave., Quezon City (truck lane)
- E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue after Boni Serrano flyover, Quezon City (truck lane)
- Mac Arthur Highway near Monumento Circle, Caloocan City
- C. P. Garcia Avenue from University Avenue to Maginhawa St., Quezon City (second lane)
- V. Luna Road from East Avenue to Kalayaan Avenue, Quezon City
- Manila East Road in front of SM East Ortigas, Pasig City
- Quirino Highway corner La Mesa Dam, Quezon City (second lane)
The MMDA advised motorists to avoid the said areas and use alternate routes instead.
The MMDA said all roads will be passable by early morning Monday. KGA
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.